Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Recap

Whewwww, what a busy weekend!  Hope everyone had a wonderful one, I know I did! 

Saturday was full of sports. First was Zoe's T-ball game, it was my first one since I missed her first one last weekend.  It was SO much fun to watch.  I was cracking up laughing throughout the entire game.  Fighting for the ball, playing in the dirt, throwing the ball to the umpire instead of tagging someone out. It was comical, to say the least.  Zoe had her team pictures that day too, and I cannot wait to see them!  I managed to snag a few pictures for myself to post here.
This is Zoe waiting to get her team pictures taken, she did so good and stayed just like this for a good 10 minutes. That's a lifetime for this little girl!! 

She got to be the "Pitcher's Helper" which put her right where she wanted to be...able to snag a lot of balls hit her way!  She did so good chasing after the balls. Now, if we could only get her to throw them when she got them... :)

I couldn't wait to watch her hit.  We have been practicing with her for weeks now and she's got a pretty good swing, if I do say so myself.  
Since she was the last to bat, she automatically got to run all of the bases.  So, she thinks she hit a home run each time at bat! :) As she rounded the bases, she gave me a huge smile and a wave.  Melted my heart instantly to see her so happy and loving the sport.

One drawback of a 9am game was that the grass was still wet with morning dew. I learned that the hard way when I wore my little cotton slip on tennis shoes. They were soaked before I even got to the field! I absolutely hate wet shoes. 

As you might tell in the picture, the shoes look sort of dark grey. But in reality they are a very light grey. I kept taking them off to sit in the sun for a bit, hoping they would dry, but to no avail. I was mad too, I love these shoes!

Next up was Iris' soccer.  Unfortunately, I missed her first game of the day because it overlapped with Zoe's T-ball, but I did make it to the second one.  She loves playing Soccer and I am so thankful for that.  She is such a girly girl, I was afraid she would avoid sports all together! She made three goals Saturday. One in her first game and two in the second.  Anyone who plays soccer knows how difficult it can be to make one goal, let alone two! 

It was so hot out for the second game, I thought the whole team was going to pass out right there on the field! Poor Iris' face was bright red and she was exhausted.  But, she played right through it.  I could tell by the end of the game though that she was slowing down a bit.  As soon as we got in the car, the AC was promptly put on full blast!  

One thing I realized about taking pictures at Soccer was, they never stand still! It's so hard to take good pictures when they are constantly on the move. The one picture I did get of her standing still, she said to me..."MOM! NOT NOW!!"  :)

So, after all of the games, the girls and I grabbed a healthy lunch at the McDonald's drive through. :)  Later on in the evening, we went down to my brother-in-law's house to watch the Mayweather boxing match.  I tell you what, I would love to see someone finally beat that guy. He is way too cocky.  But, that will probably never happen, because truthfully he is good at what he does. 

I got to see a girlfriend of mine that I hadn't seen since Easter time, and I realized how much I missed her face!  :) So it was good to see her and laugh with her.  The kids had a blast because there were a bunch of kids there to play with. They ended up not getting in to bed until after 1am!  I told Iris, who is my early bird, that she better sleep in.  Apparently, in her world, that means 9am. I swear that kid just can't miss an hour of daylight.  Zoe on the other hand is good for sleeping in.  She didn't end up getting out of bed till around 10:30.  

Sunday was a good day here at the Escue household.  Mike had the girls help him load up grass clippings (with no complaints from the girls! WHHHHAAATT?) and then he took them shopping for a special prize for helping out with no complaints and working so quickly.  After that, we all had lunch at the local Mexican restaurant that we love. Later in the evening, we went to Mike's softball game.  Unfortunately they lost. But, they made a pretty big comeback in the 6th inning. 

All in all, it was a great weekend. I couldn't have asked for a better one. Hope everyone else had as good of a weekend as I did.  Feel free to share any fun stuff you had going on!  

As always...please feel free to email me and PLEASE follow me, by entering your email address over on the right of your screen,  or leave a comment!

Here's to a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment