Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What A Pretty Little Re-purpose

Good day to all, hope it's going well for you!  Whilst in the garage/studio yesterday, I came across a project that I started about...oh...maybe a year ago.  It wasn't like it was a big, complicated thing either...I just never got around to finishing it! Ahhhh, I tell you...I have GOT to get my procrastination under control.

Anyway, I figured I would go ahead and finish it here and let you see the tale end of what I had done and explain the rest.  I want to make more, that's all I can say.  Here's the rundown:

About a year ago, I was perusing the bins at the Goodwill Outlet and came across this tacky little wooden sort of frame/shadow box. I can't really explain it because I don't know myself what it really was.  At any rate, as soon as I turned it on it's side I realized I had to have it. It was made from old yard sticks!

Seriously, how awesome is this? And so easy to make I am sure! Moving on...next I covered the really, really, really tacky image of country ducks in dresses and bonnets up with a pretty and simple scrapbooking paper. I knew I wanted it to look like the sky but no so obviously so.

Next, I crafted some flowers out of old scrap wire that I had lying around (doesn't everyone have that?) and a gear for one flower head, and a flower brad for the other one. Glue gun at the ready, I attached the flowers to the bottom with a bit of hot glue.
After letting the glue dry (i.e. searching furiously for my bag of moss), I cut up some natural moss and glued it along the base of the inside, thereby covering any glue from the flowers too.
Note: If you are going to attempt something like this, a word of advice...put down some newspaper or another type of covering because the moss makes a huge mess!  (Note to self as well...I learned the hard way.)

Now, for the finished product...as always, let me know what you think and please, leave me comments!


Hope everyone has a great rest of the day! I am off to tend to these strange, obnoxiously loud beings that I call my children! :)


1 comment:

  1. Hey! I wanted to let you know as a blogger, what gets frustrating at times is that most people won't comment. I think it's because they have to have a log in or whatever maybe? I don't know.....or maybe I am just lame :) But I did at one point add a free "counter" to my blog so that I could at least tell if people were visiting it or not, which they were, they just weren't commenting :)

    ReplyDelete